HV Casting, WHY WEGOTPOP.com?
Why did Hudson Valley Casting decide on WEGOTPOP.com?
1. We are tired of booking by hand. It is exhausting (sometimes 18 hours a day and late grueling nights). We have been researching comprehensive booking systems for years and finally found one we like! So if it wasn't this one it would be another one. WeGotPop makes the booking process less work by streamlining the process and giving us access to a filtering system that brings forth exactly who we need for specific roles.
2. We think that FREE is great. EVERYONE signs up for free and EVERYONE is treated the same on this system... there is no tier system that allows the "if you pay more you get to be seen first" phenomenon. You sign up for WeGotPop.com, you only ever pay when you accept a job. The FEE is $5.
3. It is a way of YOU controlling the data and we get to see it all in one place. SO EVEN IF YOU DON'T DO BACKGROUND WORK YOU SHOULD STILL SIGN UP... WE WILL BOOK PHOTO SHOOTS, PRINT WORK, NON-SPEAKING PRINCIPAL JOBS. We might even comb the system to remind ourselves who to invite to self-tape for speaking roles.
4. POP is adopted by Grant Wilfley and other CD's in the area. If you want more exposure, you get it by signing up...Once you are in the system you are visible to whomever is logged in as CD. We have already have had some of our folks called by Grant Wilfley and offered work through the system.
A Few QUESTIONS and COMMON CONCERNS answered.
1. WHY DOES POP ask for my Social Security #?
This is a job website where you book work. YOU NEED TO BE LEGAL TO WORK IN THE US. It is not required for you to include your SS# but we will ask for it eventually to check you with SAG-AFTRA if we are booking you in SAG-AFTRA work. Everyone needs to provide their SS# to work and be paid, period. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE IT THROUGH THE SYSTEM...but it is super secure so it is probably safer here than by emailing it.
2. WHY DOES POP ask for my passport and drivers license? AGAIN... these are required documents that every employer in the US is required to check to provide paid employment.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PUT THESE ON THE SITE... they are optional. You will need them when you show up to work on any shoot.
3. WHY DOES POP ask for a credit card? All casting systems ask for payment at one time or another.
If you feel insecure about sharing credit cards online you should get a prepaid visa card and use it on your casting sites. If you accept a job through WeGotPop.com then and only then, you are charged $5.
Other systems charge you for submitting. You pay money only for the chance or possibility of work on other systems but you may never book...which seems more fair to you?
4. I DO PRINCIPAL WORK ONLY so there isn't a reason for me to sign up.
UNTRUE. HV Casting will use this to book non-speaking principals, print work, and all kinds of jobs. IT IS A SYSTEM THAT YOU SHOULD SHOW YOURSELF ON. You never know why someone would reference the site, and it is getting a lot of attention. It is another way for you to be exposed to all kinds of work.
*** do you have any good questions about WEGOTPOP.com that you would like to have answered?
Please send it to email@example.com.
Heidi K. Eklund is the owner of Hudson Valley Casting and has been in the entertainment business for over 30 years.